Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Old Team, New Focus

Friends,

I don't get it. After a number of years of futility, my old favorite MLB team, the Mariners are having a breakout year. Was it really that long ago that they won 116 games? (2001) Nevertheless, I move -- they win; it's just not right :-) I hope that they keep on winning, because my other favorite team is the Astros, and well... not exactly their year. The best thing that they can do is re-sign the most exciting player in baseball -- Ichiro. He is so amazing and they need him if they are going to contend in the future (not to mention the present). It is unfortunate that Mike Hargrove left. Did his unhealthy relationship with Ichiro have anything to do with his resignation and the upgrade of the M's chances of resigning their star? My guess is that it did, although no one will say this. Grover did a great job turning the team around this year -- I wish him (and new skipper, John McLaren) well. Here is hoping the M's catch the Angels, or at least secure the wild card position. See ya.

Don

No comments: