Wednesday, April 4, 2007

It's All Greek To Me

Howdy Folks!

This is my first foray into the blog network. My daughters have been doing this for several weeks, but I just have not taken the time to sit down and start a blog myself. Middle man describes who I am professionally, philosophically and it is also something of a cryptic description of my personal Savior, Jesus Christ.
Twenty-five or so years ago the rock group, the Little River Band (in my pre-Christian music era) produced a song called "The Middle Man" which, nonetheless, to my understanding, was a description of Jesus. Jesus is our middle man or advocate, according to 1 John 2:1ff. He is the means by which we have salvation -- He bridges the gap created by the sin.
Our family moved to Hamilton, Texas 7 months ago to minister for the Park Heights Church of Christ and it has been a good transition. We moved from Washington state where we had been in ministry for the past 16 years. I have a great wife and partner in ministry and three terrific children. I have personally been in ministry for 23 years and it has been a great journey. God has blessed our family. We have been able to see many lives changed for the cause of Christ and we are thankful. As a preacher, I am God's middle man to the local community for the cause of Christ. Finally, I believe that balance is one of the significant keys to life and godliness. I have tried to help people to have a philospohy of life which helps them to be balanced, or "down the middle". As one person has said, "the truth is generally found between the two extremes."
I love to talk sports, space (as in astronomy) and spirituality. I am looking forward to communicating with you. Have a blessed week!

In Christ,

Don

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don,
Welcome to the blog world. I know you will find it beneficial and interesting. Is being in the middle kind of like being "lukewarm"? God Bless, Dennis

johnmoorecmh@msn.com said...

Don;

It was exciting to see you entry into Blogworld. You need to be careful about the influence those two have on you. We are looking forward to spending time with the Middletons and their extended family this weekend

miker said...

Don,
Congratulations! Next, can I get your sermons on podcast?
Mike Rawlins