Tuesday, May 15, 2007

An Ode to Anonymous

Anonymous -- Who are you? You are anyone and no one. You have been me and you have been many. You live to be secretive. (You could work for a detective agency or the FBI :-). What you are is something altogether different. You are unaccountable. You can be painfully honest. You may very well be guilty. You say things that make people think. Why do you say what you say? You have an opinion or a conviction. Everyone does, but you believe that your opinion or conviction simply must be heard; it cannot be contained -- it must be expressed! When does anonymous speak? At the most opportune times, for certain. At times, when it is most appropriate, but also when it can be least appropriate. I find you fascinating, anonymous. I find you annoying, anonymous. I would like to get to know you better, but rarely is this possible. As much fun as it is to be you, the best thing that you could do, anonymous, is not to be...you.

A Concerned Friend of Anonymous

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I could tell you who I am, but then I'd have to kill you (just kidding). After all, I'm top secret! I might be willing to tell you who I am if you promise not to tell anyone else. And if you do tell anyone else you must make them promise the same thing. Agreed? Anonymous

Broken Chains 4 All said...

Anonymous,

You're just killing me anyway -- I can hardly stand the suspense. It would be hard to make a pie crust promise -- easily made, easily broken, but I still want to know who you are! It would be difficult to make another to promise the same promise that I am unwilling to make, but it still doesn't change the fact that you should reveal yourself for the good of everyone!

The Middle Man

Anonymous said...

I like this whole anonymous thing. It gives one an air of mystery. . . ;)

(No, this isn't the same "anonymous" as commented above.)

Anonymous said...

anonymous is the blog's author...the lol is gone.....ROFL

Beth Zimmerman said...

You do realize that somewhere in your preferences you have an option to "not allow anonymous comments" don't you? Although it seems to me that you and Anonymous are kind of enjoying each other ...

Love ya bro!