Saturday, December 29, 2007

Unfortunate Loss

Friends,

I am not wanting this blog to be a regular obituary column, but I thought it important to mention this. I have been pondering this message for the past couple of days...and strange as it may seem, count me among the hundreds of thousands of mourners for former prime-minister of Pakistan, Benazir Bhutto. I generally do not make forays into the political arena, but this one struck me. (As if discussing religion isn't controversial enough? :-) I have been an admirer of this lady since I was much younger. She was not a perfect human being, but she brought a sense of wisdom, courage, dignity, stability and reason to a people who were in need of it at the times that she served as a leader for her country. She was truly "out of place" and "out of time," in a sense, as a female politician in a place where it was a challenge to be so. She was trying to do and be the same timely leader, once again, that her people needed her to be over the past several months until she was assassinated two days ago. It is an unfortunate matter, but one that is all to familiar in the world in which we live. Please pray for the people of this nation that somehow order will come from chaos and that her legacy will be one where her people will dignify her life by standing up for the ideals that she believed in and pursued.

Don

1 comment:

johnmoorecmh@msn.com said...

Don; I share your feelings at the loss of Ms Bhutto. Even stressed she was a class act.