Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Flying Blind

Friends,

As we were traveling to East Texas the other day, we encoutered something unusual. Just before arriving in McGregor, I saw a truck ahead of us going the other way. He had a large cargo, although I could not tell what it was. As he drew closer, I could see that it was a tall deer blind. All of the sudden as he was about to pass us, it lifted up out of the back of his truck and crashed to the road just ahead of us on the other side of the highway. Since he was going 60+, it tumbled and was destroyed. I sure as day do not know what he was thinking by not securing it and I was thanking the Lord that it stayed in his lane and that no one was following him -- it would have been a bad scene. Nevertheless, whenever I think of an airplane flying only by radar, I will have a new thought in mind in relationship to flying blind. ha ha.

Don

No comments: