Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Sports Desert

Friends,

This two week period in January is what I call "the sports desert" (for me :-0). (Yes, this is all a gripe :-). There is no NFL (except the SB media blitz), no NCAA football, no MLB, no NASCAR, thankfully there is some golf and tennis (although it is a little hard to get too excited about either of these on a regular basis). No, I am not a huge basketball fan. As stated before, I will follow the Sonics -- wherever they end up. I do not care much for NCAA basketball except at tournament time. So, we wait.....until February and then things get exciting again. Bring on the Super Bowl and the Daytona 500, and then all becomes well with the sports universe, once again. Also, in case you had not noticed, by declaring my favorites (of recent posts), I have been giving the "kiss of death" to some of my teams -- the Cowboys, the Packers (both done in by the Giants)...and even the WSU men's basketball team lost to UCLA the day I wished them well. Unfortunately, this has not been a good trend. I anticipate that things will turn around at some point, but before they do, I would like to say -- go Giants. ha ha. Take care and God bless,

Don

1 comment:

ddWheels4God said...

I hope I am just a friend and not actually a favorite. ;)

Your Acquaintance
Wheels