Tuesday, January 15, 2008

UFO

Friends,

Disclaimer -- contrary to popular belief (which I have heard from a number of people now), I am NOT responsible for the UFO over Stephenville...even if I did start working there for CTCC the same day that this object showed up in the skies. I am publishing the accusatory information from two loved ones concerning this matter just so that you can also see and understand that all of this simply is not true --

#1. Imagine my surprise when the lead story on Studio B with Sheppard Smith dealt with the sighting of an unidentified flying object over Stephenville, Texas. Knowing that you were in town today I surmised that what they saw was in reality a ray of God's sunshine reflecting off the sparsely covered head of a newcomer to the community. The report went on to say that military jets were seen chasing the UFO. Of course, both Dyess and Sheppard Air Force Bases denied having any planes in the area. Why in the world would the USAF confirm that they were scrambled because some bald preacher was too proud to wear a hat?

#2. So, how fast were you driving through Stephenville over the weekend? Nice to know you'll be working in Looney-Land. Beam me up Scotty!

Okay...now it's my turn. Now, while I am not saying that I completely dismiss the notion of the existence of UFOs, there is always an explanation...and it is not related to my head or my car
;-). (Although, a friend of mine used to say that the shekinah, or the glory of God, has been seen residing on the pate of bald men in our day and time). The Air Force has said that they have had nothing going on in the area -- right! This was obviously some ill-advised flyby by some "rookie" pilot in a new-fangled stealth bomber that is capable of hovering --or -- it is the chariot of the Lord as described in the book of Ezekiel. Either way, it would be very cool (especially the latter!). So, whatever you believe...(and much of the country seems to believe) this all started in some guy's field in Dublin -- not Stephenville. (Just to clarify) Take care.

Don

No comments: