Monday, May 12, 2008

Another Perspective

Friends,

I had a day whereby I was dealing with vehicles for much of the day...plenty of reason to moan and groan. It is usually an unpleasant task to deal with vehicles, and this day did not appear that it was going to be any different on this front....but Jehovah Jireh blessed (the Lord provides :-). I am thankful for a couple of people -- Carlton for helping get the church van going and Tommy who was such a great help in repairing our van...what a blessing they both were today. We have had a need to get the vehicle fixed and I am quite particular about my auto mechanic -- I wasn't certain what to do about a week ago. But, a friend told me about Tommy, and so I thought about it, fretted some and ultimately prayed about it (wrong order? :-). Tommy has been a God-send and if anyone needs any auto help, he is the man.

Yet, in the midst of this driving and striving, fretting and fussing...and being thankful, my mind kept going to another place -- Myanmar. As I was stumbling along today, I thought about the story of the man I read about today who lost half of his family...half a world away. I thought about 29,000 individuals who have lost their lives and more than this number (33, 000) who are still missing. It made me think...it made me pray. And what does a person pray at moments like this(?). It is so difficult to know what to do and what to say sometimes...and it causes me, once again, to ponder Romans 8:26. Life and circumstances can be good and they can be challenging...people can be trying and they can be a blessing, but we must trust the Lord with everything.

Don

2 comments:

ddWheels4God said...

Don, Does your mechanic make road trips and house calls?

I to pray the awkward prayer for those unfortunate people.

Broken Chains 4 All said...

He might come see you...for a price ;-).